« All Events
The Wedding Photography Workshop with Joe & Mirta Barnet – Pasadena
September 5 @ 11:00 am - September 7 @ 1:00 pm |
This comprehensive workshop covers the full scope of wedding photography. It is divided into 3 main sections: 1) Business, 2) Gear/Shooting, and 3) Post Production. Models will be provided for a hands-on shoot.
The workshop starts with a live lecture on Zoom on Saturday September 5th from 11am to 2pm. On Sunday September 6th you will meet in person in Pasadena for a live shoot with models from 3pm-5pm. The workshop will conclude on Monday September 7th with a post production session live on Zoom from 11am-1pm.
Starting with the business side, the Barnets will cover marketing, social media, pricing, contracts, sales, the best photo equipment for wedding coverage and much more. After a short lunch break, the class will photograph models, a couple in “engagement session” attire. Instructors will cover camera settings, lighting, posing and client communication. Then it is back to the classroom to go over post production with Photomechanic, Lightroom, Photoshop, Alien Skin and Fundy Designer. This workshop also includes the topic of album design and album up-sales.
Technical Level: Intermediate/Advanced. A good working knowledge of your camera and your speedlight is required. Some experience with “off camera flash” is recommended but not required.
- Websites, social media and networking
- Marketing to reach the right client
- Price Lists and contracts
- Camera Gear – what you need
- Environmental photography techniques
- Posing and lighting techniques (Live model shoot)
- Use of OCF (off camera flash)
- Shooting tips and shortcuts
- RAW workflow using Photomechanic and Lightroom
- Photoshop retouching and actions
- Album design with Fundy Designer
- Making money doing what you love to do!
What to bring to the shoot:
- DSLR or Mirrorless Camera
- Fully charged battery
- Memory cards
- Lens, the best lenses (for a full sensor camera) would be a 70-200 mm and / or a 24-70 mm zooms, in that order. These are the 2 lenses we use most at weddings. Alternatively, a fixed focal length, medium (50 mm) or longer (85mm, 100 mm, 105 mm)
- On-camera speedlight
- If you have a PocketWizard triggering device please bring it
About the Instructors:
Joe and Mirta Barnet have spent over 20 years developing their style and growing their wedding, portrait and commercial photography business in Orange County, California. Joe and Mirta have taught a Master Class on the business of wedding photography at WPPI in Las Vegas for several years where they also serve as print and album competition judges. Their work has been published extensively in Bridal magazines. Barnet Photography is proud to be included in the preferred vendors lists of top wedding venues in Orange County and Los Angeles.
By registering for this workshop, you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions. Click here to view our Terms and Conditions.