Phase One Certified Professional is a comprehensive training course in Phase One Camera Systems, Digital Backs and Capture One Software. It is designed to give digital techs and assistants the knowledge they need to be more efficient on set and attain the highest level of reliability with Phase One technology.
What is the Certification Process?
The certification process involves 2 steps:
1. Qualification. Following registration, attendees will complete the online pre-course which was developed by Phase One and is an essential part of understanding the information taught at the live training.
2. Live training. Attendees will attend the 2 day live training course and take an exam at the end of the second day. Students who pass the certification test at training will be listed on Phase One’s website as a Phase One Certified Professional.
Who Should Enroll in this Course?
Although this program was designed for working digital techs and assistants who are already that are well versed in digital workflow, photographers working with high production workflow and strong digital knowledge will benefit as well. This program is not for the inexperienced assistant or advanced enthusiast. Students should also know Capture One fairly well; if they are inexperienced with Capture One, the class may move too quickly. NOTE: This is not a Capture One dedicated training.
What is Covered in the Training?
A full range of topics covering both Phase One hardware and software is covered, including:
- Phase One camera systems – setup and operation
- IQ4 Infinity Platform – features, techniques and workflow
- Professional tethered setup and techniques
- Phase One X-shutter and technical camera operation with Phase One backs
- Cascable camera control app for IQ4 digital backs
- Image quality, optics and flash synchronization
- Troubleshooting computers, digital backs, cameras and Capture One software
- Workflow and technique is taught with an emphasis on high-volume commercial situations
- Advanced tools in Capture
Before you attend the certification training seminar you must first qualify by completing the 4 sections of our online Pre-Course. This online portion of training covers the basics of digital back technology, camera usage, and Capture One Workflow to ensure that you come to the live training ready to go to the next level.
Students will have access to a PDF of the presentation, other reference documents and scripts, as well as sample files. In addition, they will receive a special Phase One technical troubleshooting and reference guide to use in the field.
Pre course: All courses must be fully completed prior to attending.
Certification exam: 30 multiple-choice questions, provided online following training. Students must score an 80% or higher (24/30) to pass. The exam is available in the student’s pre-course account for three days following the event. There is a 35-minute time limit to complete the exam.
Retests are offered online for $49 and the student will take a similar but different test.
- Phase One Certification diploma and stickers
- Listing On Phase One Site
- Capture One for Phase One license
- Capture One Pro License for $150 in addition (optional)
- Phase One Technical Field Guide
- Certification is valid for 2 years
Justin Katz has been with Phase One for over 8 years as a support technician and teaching the Phase One certified professional program. Justin’s photography industry knowledge covers both areas of camera hardware and software. His main focus is to provide leading information about which tools and technologies can be utilized for efficiency in the rapidly evolving landscape of digital imaging. Justin hopes to empower photographers, studios and corporations with the technical knowledge they need to enhance their creativity.
**Due to the involved nature of this course please review the refund and cancellation policy listed below**