- This event has passed.
Phase One Certified Professional Training – 2 Day – LA
June 11 @ 9:00 am - June 12 @ 5:00 pm
This program is designed to teach assistants and digital techs the skills they need to get the most out of Phase One equipment and software.
What is the Certification Process?
The certification process involves 2 steps:
1. Qualification. Following registration, attendees will complete the online pre-course which was developed
by Phase One and is an essential part of understanding the information taught at the live training.
2. Live training. Attendees will attend the 2 day live training course and take an exam at the end of the second day. Students who pass the certification test at training will be listed on Phase One’s website as a Phase One Certified Professional.
Who Should Enroll in this Course?
This program is designed for working digital techs and assistants who are already well versed in digital
workflow. Photographers with high production workflow and strong digital knowledge can benefit
This program is not for the inexperienced assistant or advanced enthusiast.
Students should know Capture One fairly well. If they are inexperienced with Capture One, the
class will move too quickly.
What is Covered in the Training?
The course is approximately 50% Capture One and 50% Medium format camera systems. The curriculum is
based on professional digital tech workflow.
- Technology behind Phase One backs and cameras.
- Recommended set-ups and usage.
- Troubleshooting computers, backs and cameras.
- Advanced On-set Capture One workflow.
- Advanced operation of Phase One backs.
- Advanced Capture One editing techniques.
- Plenty of hands-on time with Phase One camera systems
The pre-course is a combination of articles and a test that must be completed prior to attending the live training. Students who do not complete the pre-course will be asked to wait until the next event.
The Pre-course covers:
1. Digital back technology, set up and operation.
2. Capture One concepts and tools.
3. Phase One Camera body and lens setup and usage.
Students will have access to a PDF of the presentation, other reference documents and scripts, as
well as sample files. In addition, they will receive a special digital tech edition troubleshooting and
Pre course: All courses must be fully completed prior to attending.
Certification exam: 30 multiple-choice questions, provided online following training. Students must
score an 80% or higher (24/30) to pass. The exam is available in the student’s pre-course account
for three days following the event. There is a 35-minute time limit to complete the exam.
Retests are offered online for $49 and the student will take a similar but different test.
• Phase One Certification diploma and stickers
• Listing On Phase One Site
• Capture One Pro License
• Troubleshooting Guide
• Special private forum access on Phase One forum
• Certification is valid for 2 years
**Due to the involved nature of this course please review the refund and cancellation policy listed below**