Introduction to Portrait Photography with Speedlight Flash Workshop with Joe & Mirta Barnet – Pasadena
July 13 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm| $89.00
In this 3 hour workshop Joe and Mirta Barnet will teach you how to get the most from your portable flash unit and how to use your Speedlights like a pro. A model will be available and triggering devices will be provided to attendees to use during the workshop.
Topics that will be covered:
- TTL metering
- Flash exposure compensation
- High Speed Sync, what it is, how it works and how to use it
- Manual mode flash
- Wireless, off camera flash
- Rear curtain sync, what it is, how it works and how to use it
- On and off camera bounce lighting techniques
- Using flash accessories like shoot through umbrellas, small soft boxes, bounce cards, snoots and color gels
- Using reflectors
The recommended skill level to get the most out of this workshop is beginning to intermediate.
A good working knowledge of your camera is required. Some experience with your speedlight is helpful but not required.
What to bring:
- DSLR or Mirrorless Camera
- Charged battery
- Memory cards
- Lens. The best lenses (for a full sensor camera) would be a 70-200 mm or a 24-70 mm zooms in that order, or, fixed focal length 85mm or 100 mm or 105 mm. For the best “look” a portrait lens is preferred, but one as short as a 50 mm would work.
- Your on-camera speedlight.
- If have a PocketWizard triggering device please bring it.
- Note taking materials.
- You do not need to bring a computer, unless you like to take notes that way.