Longtime Photoshop Instructor Natasha Calzatti will cut through the complexity of Photoshop and help you to master it as a photographic tool. Natasha will show you the fundamentals of Photoshop, how to do the things most beginners want to do when they first open up the program. This workshop is designed for the Lightroom or beginner Photoshop user.
Technical Level: Beginner
Requirements: Adobe Photoshop installed. Access to digital photos on a local drive or external hard drive. Sample files will be provided.
Enrollment Limit: 10 student
This is a Distance Learning class takes place via Zoom. We encourage you to install and test the software on your device prior to the class.
- Adobe Bridge the next-generation File Browser, if Lightroom is not being used.
- Adobe Camera Raw processing, enjoy automatic adjustments of exposure, shadows, brightness, contrast and much more.
- How to remove objects, blemishes or ‘touch up’ a portrait
- Working with Layers and Adjustment Layers
- Working with Masks in non-distractive method
- How to adjust exposure and fix color-cast problems
- How to remove an object from a photo (using Content Aware Fill)
- How to remove a subject from a photo and place it on a new background, using select and mask, or the new object select.
- How to add text and effects
- How to Crop
- How to save your photos in both editable and sharable formats.
You will receive an email with instructions 48 hours prior to the start date. Please read the instructions included in the email.
If you have additional questions please contact email@example.com
By registering for this workshop, you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions. Click here to view our Terms and Conditions.
Natasha Calzatti is a photographer, educator and a consultant based in Los Angeles. She has shot award-winning work for THE NEW YORK TIMES, NEWSWEEK, PEOPLE and VIBE, and has been syndicated internationally.
Presently, she was a speaker at AdobeMax conference, she is an adjunct professor at Santa Monica College teaching both Photoshop and Lightroom, instructor at Samy’s Photo School and has been a guest lecturer at the International School of Film and TV (EICTV) Cuba and Brooks Institute. Natasha has been featured in DIGITAL PHOTO PRO magazine and invited to The Getty Center to share her behind the camera experiences of Cuba as she presented an in-gallery exploration of A Revolutionary Project: Cuba from Walker Evans to Now. Natasha divides her time between shooting assignments and lecturing on digital imaging both in the U.S and abroad. You can see her current work at www.calzattifoto.com.