Natasha will help you to master Photoshop as a photographic tool. She will show you the fundamentals of Photoshop, how to do the things most beginners are wanting to do when they first open up the program. This workshop is designed in mind for the Lightroom or beginner Photoshop user.
- Adobe Bridge, the next-generation File Browser, where you can process multiple camera raw images at once, resize, rate, and label thumbnails; quickly review images in Slideshow mode, and search metadata.
- Adobe Camera Raw processing, enjoy automatic adjustments of exposure, shadows, and brightness and contrast; and much more.
Note Lightroom users: The two topics above will be part of your Lightroom workflow.
- How to remove blemishes or ‘touch up’ a portrait (using the Spot Healing Tool)
- Working with Layers and Adjustment Layers
- Working with Masks
- How to adjust exposure and fix color-cast problems (using the Camera RAW filter)
- How to remove an object from a photo (using Content Aware Fill)
- How to move an object in a photo (using Content Aware Move) and duplicate/transform content
- How to remove a subject from a photo and place it on a new background (using Smart Select and Refine Edge)
- How to save your photos in both editable and sharable formats.
This class takes place in our state of the art computer lab where each student is assigned a 23-inch iMac. You do not need to bring a laptop.
Instructor Bio: Upon receiving her BFA in Photography from Otis Parsons School of Design, Natasha Calzatti, a photographer and digital retoucher, went on to shoot award-winning photography for THE NEW YORK TIMES, NEWSWEEK, PEOPLE and VIBE, and has been syndicated internationally. Her work is represented in many private collections and has been shown publicly in Los Angeles and more recently in Portland, Oregon’s Black Box Gallery, June 2012. Simultaneous to her photography career, Natasha found herself at the cutting edge of imaging as it transitioned from the chemical darkroom to the digital darkroom where her abilities became increasingly in demand for magazine clients TV Guide, Marie Claire, Time Magazine, The Source, and Vibe as well as advertising clients Midas, MCI and Dreyfus. In 2011, Ms. Calzatti was invited to The Getty Center to share her behind the camera experiences of Cuba as she presented an in-gallery exploration of A Revolutionary Project: Cuba from Walker Evans to Now. Today Ms. Calzatti divides her time between shooting assignments and lecturing on digital imaging issues both in U.S and abroad. You can see her current work at http://www.calzattifoto.com.
By registering for this workshop, you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions. Click here to view our Terms and Conditions.
In accordance with state and local public health organizations, Samy’s Photo School is following all COVID-19 related protocols. Please do not attend this class if you are experiencing any symptoms related to COVID-19 including fever of 100.4 or higher, cough, shortness of breath, loss of sense of taste/smell, fatigue, diarrhea, muscle aches and headache.