Advanced Studio Lighting with Joe & Mirta Barnet – Pasadena
June 22 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm| $125.00
This studio workshop focuses on complex, professional studio lighting set ups using four or more light sources; modifiers reflectors, color gels and backgrounds. We will focus on refined portraits with strong fashion influence, using a live model. Instructors will provide triggering devices to attendees to use during the workshop.
- Self contained AC and battery powered Profoto D1 and B1 monoblocks.
- At least 4 light sources will be used.
- How to work with umbrellas, soft boxes, strip boxes with egg crates, a beauty dish, a ring light, color gels, gobos and reflectors.
- Background selections and posing techniques.
- Different lighting patterns and styles, including clam shell, kickers and background lights.
- How to direct models to achieve our vision.
- We will use a light meter for fast, accurate, consistent exposures.
*If you don’t have some experience working in the studio, or with off camera flash units larger than speedlights, attending the Beginning Studio Lighting with Joe and Mirta Barnet prior to this workshop is highly recommended. A good working knowledge of your camera is required. Some experience with “off camera flash” or studio lighting is helpful but not required. The recommended skill level to get the most out of this workshop is intermediate and advanced.
What to bring:
- DSLR or Mirrorless camera
- Charged battery
- Memory cards
- Lens. The best lens (for a full sensor camera) is a 70-200 mm or a 24-70 mm zooms, in that order. Alternatively, a fixed focal length 85mm or 100 mm or 105 mm. For the best “look” a portrait lens is preferred, but one as short as a 50 mm will work.
- If you have a PocketWizard triggering device please bring it.
- Note taking materials.
- You do not need to bring a computer, unless you like to take notes that way. A small handout will be provided.